choices. That’s what Scott and I have done. For those who know me, have been following along or are asking questions…here’s the story. For the past 18 months my job has been a roller coater ride. Due to the economy, my position is about to be eliminated. Scott and I have always said, “If anything happens to either of our jobs that will be the impetus to move to the Beach.” However, I have heard my Mom tell me for 46 years, “You can’t live at the Beach.” And the litany of reasons would follow.
Brave or stupid…?! Knowing that at the end of 2010 I will be out of a job we took the risk and bought a home at the Beach. Smart or crazy…?!
We have looked, hunted and researched for the past 5+ years. Which Beach? How far south? Where? How close is too close? How far is too far?
Eventually, the Beach home will become our primary permanent residence. This is a BIG investment!!! Financially and otherwise. We tried to be educated smart consumers. Quite honestly, it took a LOT of moxy and hutzpah to make this commitment!!!
So, we decided to turn a bad situation around. Use it to our advantage. And make wise and calculated decisions based on ALL the data we had collected.
That said, I was offered a new job. : ) Locally!!! Didn’t see THAT coming. At least I know I can make a mortgage payment now. So, we will be staying local, butwe have a home at the Beach. NEVER in a million years did I believe anything like this could happen. But, guess what? It DID!!! And, we’re NOT telling my Mom.
Thank you to everyone who has said a prayer, sent an encouraging word and supported me during my mysterious posts. Now that the work thing has been resolved, I am able to share what’s been going on in our home. Hugs and love to each of you. Truly!